The Freedom PT Training Diploma in Advanced Personal Training is the most comprehensive face to face personal training qualification currently offered in the UK. It can be achieved in as little as 7 weeks and is aimed at those looking to start a new career in personal training. The immersive nature of the course ensures that the highest levels of skill and understanding are achieved.
In addition to our popular full-time course, we now offer a part-time option for those looking for a greater degree of flexibility. Both course formats allow learners access to our highly qualified and experienced tutors at all stages for support and advice and are run at our world-class Tonbridge School Centre venue in Kent.
Both modules that comprise the Freedom PT Training Diploma in Advanced Personal Training are accredited by Active IQ, a Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) approved awarding body and are recognised by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs).
The Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training is also recognised as a ‘Tech Level’ by the Department for Education. Technical Levels are rigorous advanced (level 3) technical qualifications on a par with A Levels and recognised by employers.
Scroll down for Dates and Prices
The two modules are:
Freedom PT Training Certificate in Gym Instruction
Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym)
Which includes (*added value content):
- Anatomy and physiology
- Concepts and components of fitness
- Programme design including the use of free weights, resistance machines, warm up/cool down, flexibility, abdominal and lower back exercise
- Professionalism, health and safety, customer service
- Exercise considerations for the older population, 14-16 year olds, clients with disabilities and pregnant women
- Group and Circuit Training sessions*
Freedom PT Training Certificate in Personal Training
Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
Which includes (*added value content):
- Advanced anatomy and physiology
- Health and fitness appraisal
- Fitness testing for power, muscular strength, endurance and flexibility
- Programme design for muscular endurance, hypertrophy, strength, power, core stability and aerobic fitness
- Nutritional advice for physical activity including weight management and pre/post exercise nutrition
- Advanced Nutrition for weight management*
- Communication and motivational strategies
- Training outside of a gym environment
- Postural assessment and correction including foam rolling*
- Advanced training systems / techniques including HIIT and Tabata*
- Medicine Ball and Bodyweight Training*
- Business Awareness*
- Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate*
In addition to the certificates listed for each module, upon completion you will also receive certificates for :
Freedom PT Training Diploma in Advanced Personal Training
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training
EFA Training Emergency First Aid at Work
No previous qualifications are required, but due to the nature of the course some gym/exercise experience would be desirable prior to starting, as are reasonable literacy and numeracy skills. Must be over 16 years of age.
7 weeks full-time, Monday to Friday, 09:00-16:00, qualified to REPs Level 3 / Part-Time format involves 18 days face to face attendance over 9 weekends backed up with online lectures.
Cost: £2950 (10% deposit secures place if booking more than 28 days in advance) 10% DISCOUNT for school leavers and students (aged 16-19, or on production of a valid student card)
NEW! Early Bird saving of £150 if booked 8 weeks or more before start date
Call 01732 440581 / 01732 304111 to book, or see ‘Contact Us’ tab.
Full-Time Course Dates: (Scroll down for Part-Time)
30/10/17 – 15/12/17
05/02/18 – 23/03/18
16/04/18 – 01/06/18
25/06/18 – 10/08/18
Part-Time Course Dates: (contact us for full schedule)
24/03/18 – 02/09/18