The Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork is accredited by Active IQ, a Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) approved awarding body and is recognised by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs). Scroll down for Dates and Prices
Pilates is a series of controlled movements designed to increase flexibility, tone and strengthen the body and focus the mind. Developed in the 1920’s by Joseph Pilates, it is now one of the most recognised and popular forms of exercise, with many leading sports personalities, health professionals and celebrities endorsing its benefits. It is safe and enjoyable for people of all ages and levels of fitness.
The demand for professionally qualified Pilates instructors has never been higher.
In addition to our popular full-time course, we now offer a part-time option for those looking for a greater degree of flexibility. Both course formats allow learners access to our highly qualified and experienced tutors at all stages for support and advice.
Upon completion you will receive the following certificate:
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork
Course content includes:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Principles of Pilates Matwork
- Programming Pilates Matwork
- Instructing Pilates Matwork
- Your training will be a balance between practical and theory, group and individual work with full tutor support at all times.
- You will learn how to plan and instruct Pilates Mat sessions for groups and individuals using progressions and adaptations to suit a variety of client requirements.
- You will learn how to prescribe safe and effective exercises following the original principles and fundamentals of Pilates.
- You will learn how to screen and assess your clients and study modifications for certain postural conditions.
- There will be an introduction to some of the small equipment, which can be used to assist, develop, challenge and vary your clients’ workout.
2 weeks full-time attendance Monday to Friday 09:00-16:00 / 5 weekends part-time attendance. Both formats comprise 10 days face to face training with an assessment weekend approximately one month later. Both formats involve an element of e-learning, which can be completed at your own pace with ongoing tutor support
No previous qualifications required, but due to the nature of the course some experience of Pilates classes is highly recommended. The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary as are reasonable literacy and numeracy skills. Must be over 16 years of age.
Cost: £1650 (10% deposit secures place if booking more than 28 days in advance) 10% DISCOUNT for school leavers and students (aged 16-19, or on production of a valid student card).
Call 01732 440581 /01732 304111 to book, or see ‘Contact Us’ tab.
Full-Time Course Dates:
Part-Time Course Dates: