Welcome to the Freedom PT Training Newsletter. As well as bringing you news of any new and upcoming courses that we are running, we will also include useful training tips and other relevant information.
Course Update 2013
As well as continuing to offer our wide range of Fitness and Massage courses, we are pleased to add a new qualification;
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork
Pilates is a series of controlled movements designed to increase flexibility, tone and strengthen the body and focus the mind. Developed in the 1920s by Joseph Pilates, it is now one of the most recognised and popular forms of exercise, with many leading sports personalities, health professionals and celebrities endorsing its benefits. It is safe and enjoyable for people of all ages and levels of fitness.
Please check our website www.freedompt.co.uk for further details and new dates for all of our courses.
Easy on the Eggs this Easter!
For a typical small Easter Egg (shell only):
Foam Rolling: is a form of Self Myofascial Release which is thought to improve flexibilty without reducing muscle performance.
In effect it is a kind of self-administered sports massage.
– Apply the roller to tight/overactive muscles.
– Slowly roll up, down and across the muscle until a tender spot is located.
– Hold position until discomfort decreases by 75% (relax and breathe).
– Continue rolling to see if there are any further tender areas.
– Always maintain lumbo-pelvic stability.
– Follow up with some form of developmental stretching.
eg. Foam Rolling the TFL/ITB
Avoid if you experience: Feelings of nausea, Dizziness, Severe Pain, Acute rheumatoid arthritis, Varicose veins