The Level 2 Award in Instructing Studio Cycling is available to learners who have already achieved the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (or a suitable equivalent) or above. Upon completion you will be qualified to plan and deliver safe and effective group cycling sessions.
The course is delivered via two face to face attendance days.
This qualification is accredited by Active IQ, a Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) approved awarding body and is recognised by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 2. Scroll down for Dates and Prices.
Upon completion you will receive the following certificate:
Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Studio Cycling
Course content includes:
- Understanding the key concepts of studio cycling
- Understanding the principles of training for studio cycling
- Understanding the use of music in studio cycling sessions
- Knowing the safety considerations when teaching a studio cycling session
- Being able to plan a safe and effective studio cycling session
- Knowing how to carry out basic maintenance and repair on studio cycling bikes
- Being able to instruct the safety considerations for a studio cycling session
- Being able to instruct a safe and effective studio cycling session
- Being able to demonstrate a range of communication skills
- Being able to evaluate a studio cycling session
2 attendance days, 09.00 – 16.00, 16 CPD points at REPs Level 2
Evidence of a current suitable Level 2 qualification, as recognised by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs), is required for entry onto this course. Some experience of studio cycling would be useful, but not essential. The course requires physical exertion and therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
Call 01732 440581 to book
15/01/18 – 16/01/18