The Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy is targeted at practitioners currently working in sport or active leisure including L3 sports massage therapists, osteopaths, physiotherapists and sports therapists. This qualification is designed to enhance your understanding of advanced anatomical and physiological principles as well as advanced soft tissue techniques relevant to the application of sports massage
Successful achievement of the qualification will allow the learner to gain employment within an organisational setting or alternatively in a self-employed environment.
This qualification is accredited by Active IQ and is recognised by both the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) and CIMSPA.
Upon completion you will receive the following certificates:
Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
Course content includes:
- Clinical issues – safe treatment and contraindications to treatment
- An understanding of the theory behind and purpose of neuromuscular and soft tissue mobilisation techniques – including soft tissue release techniques, connective tissue therapy, trigger points and positional release techniques
- The effective application of the above neuromuscular and soft tissue mobilisation techniques
- Common injuries and soft tissue dysfunction effecting:
- pelvic-hip complex
- ankle and foot
- elbow, wrist and hand
- Clinical procedures for client assessment and treatment planning
- How to effectively conduct objective physical assessments for all of the above body regions
- Principles of corrective exercise prescription
- Prescribing and demonstrating corrective exercise to aid in the treatment of common injuries/soft tissue dysfunction
- Adapting exercises with suitable progressions and regressions according to client needs
- General lifestyle/occupational advice appropriate to the client’s condition
- Factors which would indicate referral during a corrective exercise programme
Delivered Part-Time over 5 weekends with home study, 09:00-16:00
Students will have completed the Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy or equivalent. You will need a CPR certificate to practise as an insured sports massage therapist but you do not need one to take this course. Minimum age 16.
Cost: £900 (10% deposit secures place if booking more than 28 days in advance)
Call 01732 440581 /01732 304111 to book, or see ‘Contact Us’ tab.
Course Dates: (approximately every 3rd weekend)
Please contact us to register interest