Start anytime, study at a pace that suits you.
If you are looking for the most flexible course option to get you up and running as a gym instructor or personal trainer, then our online Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training is the course for you.
- Complete lectures using our interactive e-learning platform
- Dedicated tutor support
- Attend scheduled live e-clinics
- Guidance for all assignments and assessments
and much more, to help you progress and succeed.
All accredited by Active IQ and recognised by CIMSPA.
What does the course look like?
Upon registration, you will receive instructions on how to access your e-learning and your detailed e-manual (hard copy manual also available). You will also be sent a document pack outlining a suggested schedule and assignment guidance. You have up to a year to complete the course, but it is usually better to set a target of no more than 6 months. Obviously you can complete much faster than this as well. There will be live e-clinics scheduled at regular intervals covering topics such as programme design in greater detail, which you can pick and choose from. When you feel ready you can contact us to schedule your theory exams to complete online at home and finally select dates to come in for your practical assessments. There will be a list of set dates scheduled at intervals throughout the year for these, all held at our fantastic Tonbridge School Centre venue.
(If you are looking for more face to face tuition please see our full or part-time Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Personal Training, which also includes a number of valuable extras such as circuit training, postural assessment and correction and Emergency First Aid at Work)
Scroll down for Prices
The course is split into two modules;
Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
which comprises the following units:
- Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness
- Professionalism for fitness instructing and providing excellent customer care
- Health and safety in the fitness environment
- Conducting client consultation in a gym-based environment to support positive behaviour change
- Planning and instructing gym-based exercise programmes and group instructions
Upon completion you would then move onto the …….
Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
which comprises the following units:
- Applied anatomy and physiology for exercise and fitness
- Principles of nutrition and their application to exercise and health
- Understanding lifestyle, health, wellbeing and common medical conditions
- Encouraging positive health and fitness behaviours in clients
- Programme design and delivery for personal training
- Professionalism and business acumen for personal trainers
Upon completion you will receive the Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training and be fully qualified to work as a gym instructor or personal trainer.
If you would rather split the course up you can also do the 2 modules outlined above independently.
Access to a computer, reasonable literacy and numeracy skills, gym membership to practice the skills and techniques, the ability to attend our training venue with a client of your choosing for assessment days based in Tonbridge, Kent. Minimum age 16 years.
You must also be self motivated and driven to successfully complete an online course like this, if you feel that you would benefit from more face to face tuition then please look at our full-time or part-time Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Personal Training. Equally, you can also upgrade to either of these after starting should you wish to do so.*
Online Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training – £1550
(To book click Here, or for further information call 01732 440581 or ‘Get in Touch’ at the bottom of this page)
Pricing for the individual modules:
Online Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing – £500
Online Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training – £1050 (to do this you must already hold a valid Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing, or equivalent qualification)
* Additional cost of difference in course price would apply