The Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells is available to learners who have already achieved the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (or a suitable equivalent) or higher. Upon completion you will be qualified to a professionally competent level to plan and deliver safe and effective kettlebell exercises and training sessions.
The course is delivered via two face to face attendance days. Day one covers all of the key ‘Mother Lifts’ and day two starts with the assessment of these followed by learning a number of advanced variations all culminating in a circuit based workout giving you a true taste of how effective kettlebell training can be.
This qualification is accredited by Active IQ and is recognised by both the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) and CIMSPA at Level 2. Scroll down for Dates and Prices.
Upon completion you will receive the following certificate:
Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells
Course content includes:
- Understanding the historical background of kettlebell training
- Understanding the benefits of using kettlebells
- Understanding how to incorporate kettlebell lifts into an exercise programme
- Knowing the safety considerations for instructing a kettlebell session
- Learning the key lifts such as the Squat, Swing, High Pull, Clean, Snatch, Turkish Get Up and many more progressions and functional variations
- Being able to design a kettlebell programme
- Being able to prepare for a kettlebell exercise session
- Being able to instruct a kettlebell exercise session
- Being able to demonstrate a range of communication skills
- Being able to evaluate a kettlebell exercise session
2 attendance days, 09.00 – 16.00, 16 CPD points at REPs Level 2, 10 CIMSPA Endorsed CPD points
Evidence of a current suitable Level 2 qualification, as recognised by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs), is required for entry onto this course. The course requires physical exertion and therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
Call 01732 440581 /01732 304111 to book, or see ‘Contact Us’ tab.
13/01/20 – 14/01/20
10/06/20 – 11/06/20