The Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy has been designed to provide you with the skills, knowledge and understanding to work in an unsupervised manner as a Sports Massage Therapist. Through this qualification you will develop your understanding of the theory underpinning the practice of sports massage therapy. In addition you will develop the understanding, skills and techniques required to provide the use of individual client assessment, massage, related soft tissue techniques and post-treatment advice to manage, manipulate and rehabilitate the various soft tissues of the body.
This course provides the ability to immediately operate as a sports massage practitioner. Sports massage can be chosen as a stand alone career or be used alongside Personal Training services. It also provides a foundation for other advanced manual therapy courses.
This qualification is accredited by Active IQ and is recognised by CIMSPA.
Upon completion you will receive the following certificate:
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy (QCF)
Course content includes:
- Clinical issues – safe treatment, sports massage regulation, professionalism and ethics, Continuing Professional Development and communication skills
- Anatomy and physiology of the major body systems with in-depth study of the musculoskeletal system
- Sports massage techniques, including: palpation, basic strokes
- Neuromuscular and soft tissue mobilisation techniques – muscle energy techniques and frictions
- Subjective and ROM assessment, treatment planning and appropriate record keeping
- Soft tissue damage and repair – injury occurrence and treatment
- Post-care advice – supporting clients’ return to function
Delivered Part-Time over 6 weekends with home study, 09:00-16:00
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification. You will need a CPR certificate to practise as an insured sports massage therapist but you do not need one to take this course. Minimum age 16.
Cost: £1800 (10% deposit secures place if booking more than 28 days in advance)
Call 01732 440581 /01732 304111 to book, or see ‘Contact Us’ tab.
Course Dates: (contact us for full schedule)
new dates coming soon