The Freedom PT Training Certificate in Personal Training is available to learners who have already achieved the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (or an equivalent qualification). Upon completion you will be qualified to work as a personal trainer, either in a gym or self-employed.
In addition to our popular full-time course, we now offer a part-time option for those looking for a greater degree of flexibility. Both course formats allow learners access to our highly qualified and experienced tutors at all stages for support and advice.
This qualification is accredited by Active IQ and is recognised by both the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) and CIMSPA. Scroll down for Dates and Prices
Upon completion you will receive the following certificates:
Freedom PT Training Certificate in Personal Training
Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
EFA Training Emergency First Aid at Work
Course content includes (*added value content):
- Advanced anatomy and physiology
- Health and fitness appraisal
- Fitness testing for power, muscular strength, endurance and flexibility
- Programme design for muscular endurance, hypertrophy, strength, power, core stability and aerobic fitness
- Nutritional advice for physical activity including weight management and pre/post exercise nutrition
- Advanced nutrition for weight management*
- Communication and motivational strategies
- Training outside of a gym environment
- Postural assessment and correction including foam rolling*
- Advanced training systems / techniques including HIIT and Tabata*
- Medicine Ball and Bodyweight Training*
- Business Awareness*
- Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate*
4 weeks full-time, Monday to Friday 09:00-16:00, qualified to REPs and CIMSPA Level 3 / Part-Time format involves 11 days face to face attendance over 6 weekends backed up with on-line lectures.
Evidence of a current suitable Level 2 qualification is required for entry onto this course. Also, due to the nature of this course some gym/exercise experience would be desirable prior to start, as are reasonable literacy and numeracy skills. Must be over 16 years of age.
Cost: £2100 (10% deposit secures place if booking more than 28 days in advance) 10% DISCOUNT for school leavers and students (aged 16-19, or on production of a valid student card).
NEW! Early Bird saving of £100 if booked 8 weeks or more before start date
Call 01732 440581 /01732 304111 to book, or see ‘Contact Us’ tab.
Full-Time Course Dates: (Scroll down for Part-Time)
19/11/18 – 14/12/18
25/02/19 – 22/03/19
20/05/19 – 14/06/19
15/07/19 – 09/08/19
23/09/19 – 18/10/19
18/11/19 – 13/12/19
Part-Time Course Dates: (contact us for full schedule)
18/11/18 – 03/03/19
19/05/19 – 01/09/19